【AGO】吃官司了。。。大家一起为他们哀悼吧!

楼层直达
级别: 新手上路
注册时间:
2003-08-28
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
This website has been shut down by the Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS) of the Criminal Division of the US. Department of Justice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Information
This website has been issued an restraining order in order to terminate the dissemination of internationally copyrighted materials. In accordance with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (17 U.S.C. s512(c), 17 U.S.C. s512(d), et. seq., hereinafter the "DMCA"), wherein a complainant has alleged that the web site(s) involved contains material that infringes on the valid copyright of the complainant. As a result a subpoena has been issued to the ISP in order to gain access logs for all visitors and site owners, as well as place an injunction on the functionality of the website to cease distribution.

Included in this effort to cease the distribution of these copyright materials, the "Bittorrent" tracking server(s), and all associated website(s), have been also terminated.

This is in part of a series of litigation performed by the U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of international copyright holders and U.S. Companies, including but not limited to "Bandai Entertainment (USA)", "Bones (JP)", "Gonzo (JP)", "Pioneer USA", "Sunrise (JP)", and "TV-Tokyo (JP)", "MBS (JP)".

A detailed list of offenses are listed:

18 U.S.C. 2318.

Trafficking in Counterfeit Labels for Phonorecords, Copies of Computer Programs or Computer Program Documentation or Packaging, and Copies of Motion Pictures or Other Audio Visual Works, and Trafficking in Counterfeit Computer Program Documentation or Packaging

Violation of Ar 14. of the International Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.

(1) Without prejudice to the copyright in any work which may have been adapted or reproduced, a cinematographic work shall be protected as an original work. The owner of copyright in a cinematographic work shall enjoy the same rights as the author of an original work, including the rights referred to in the preceding Article.

(2)

* (a) Ownership of copyright in a cinematographic work shall be a matter for legislation in the country where protection is claimed.
* (b) However, in the countries of the Union which, by legislation include among the owners of copyright in a cinematographic work authors who have brought contributions to the making of the work, such authors, if they have undertaken to bring such contributions, may not, in the absence of any contrary or special stipulation, object to the reproduction, distribution, public performance, communication to the public by wire, broadcasting or any other communication to the public, or to the subtitling or dubbing of texts, of the work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does this affect me?
This website has been responsible for the illegal distribution and copyright violation of intellectual property. As a result, all visitors recorded in the site's logs are subject to possible pending litigation in a class-action civil lawsuit by the aforementioned companies. In addition, all systems found accessing this site will be monitored and investigated by the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. All systems found to contain copyrighted materials will be subject to harsh fines and legal litigation from the Department of Justice, in addition to the civil lawsuits.

How will I know if a copyright owner has delivered a DMCA subpoena to my ISP in order to identify me?
The DMCA does not require ISPs to notify subscribers that they've been served with a DMCA subpoena. However, as a matter of customer relations, some ISPs do choose to provide such notice. Individual ISP subscribers should consult the Terms of Service or DMCA policies provided by their ISPs-or contact their ISPs directly-in order to determine whether their ISP will notify them in the event the ISP receives a subpoena requesting identification information about the subscriber.

How do I object to my identification information being released in response to a DMCA subpoena?
You should consult your own legal counsel regarding the cost, procedures, and advisability of filing a formal objection. Simply sending a letter to the Clerk of the Court has no legal effect. If you wish to object to your identification information being released to a copyright owner in response to a DMCA subpoena, DO NOT send a letter to the Clerk of the United States District Court.

Who can I contact if I have additional questions about a DMCA subpoena obtained by a copyright holder?
If your ISP has sent you a copy of a DMCA subpoena seeking identifying information about you, and you have questions about it that are not answered by these FAQs, you should contact your ISP or your own legal counsel. DO NOT call the Clerk of the United States District Court, because the law prohibits the Clerk from giving legal advice.
级别: 工作组
注册时间:
2003-06-29
在线时间:
5小时
发帖:
只看该作者 6楼 发表于: 2004-03-30
引用
最初由 raihi 发布
this is for april's fool.....not the real thing

I HOPE SO.....

小爱爱